You never want to get stuck in a situation where you have a flat tire and you don’t know how to change it out. A flat tire is something that could happen at any time, so you need to be prepared. Our staff at Pogue Chrysler would like to give you some helpful tips that you can keep in mind to help you change out a tire should you be faced with an emergency on the side of the road. After that is taken care of, you can then set up a time to bring your vehicle to our service team so that we can get a brand-new tire mounted and balanced!
Tire Changing Basics
- It is important that you pull your Chrysler Pacifica off to the side of the road, giving yourself plenty of safe space to work.
- Gather the spare tire for your vehicle along with the tire iron and your jack.
- Loosen each of the lugs on the flat tire and then use the jack to jack up your vehicle.
- Remove the flat and replace it with the spare, then you can carefully lower your vehicle back down.
- Now, tighten each one of the lugs, making sure they are nice and secure with your spare tire in place.
Helpful Tip: You may not know of the best place to put the jack for lifting your vehicle. Take a look at your owner’s manual that came with your vehicle for optimum jacking locations.
We encourage all drivers to have a properly inflated spare tire ready to go in case of emergency. After you change your flat to your spare, call us at Pogue Chrysler at (270) 844-4054 to set up a service appointment for a new tire to be mounted and balanced. You will find our full-service dealership conveniently located at 2252 West Everly Brothers Blvd in lovely Powderly, KY.